- Honorary Consul in Philadelphia, PA – Mr. Stephen A. Jannett | 1701 Market Street , Philadelphia, PA 19103 | (215) 963-5092
- Honorary Consul in Pittsburgh, PA: – Mrs. Anne Billiet Lackner | Carnegie Office Park , 800 North Bell Avenue, Suite 290, Pittsburgh, PA 15106 | (412) 279-2121For visa, passports and identity cards please refer to the Consulate General of Belgium in New York
- Consulate General of Belgium in New York – Mrs. Cathy Buggenhout, Consul General and Mrs. Anna Hajdu, Deputy Consul General | One Dag Hammarskjöld Plaza, 885 Second Ave, 41st Fl, NY 10017 | (212) 586-5110 | (917) 597-3410 Emergency number outside opening hours (Belgian nationals only) ~ email
- Embassy of Belgium – Mr. Dirk Wouters – 3330 Garfield St NW, Washington, DC 20008 | (202) 333-6900 | email@example.com
- Flanders Investment & Trade (FIT) – Mr. Luc Strybol | The New York Times Building, 620 Eighth Avenue, 44th Floor, New York, NY 10018 | (212) 664-0930
- Wallonia Export & Investment (AWEX) – Ms. Edith Mayeux | One Dag Hammarskjöld Plaza, 885 Second Ave, 41st Fl, NY 10017 | (212) 247-6351
- BelCham – Belgian American Chamber of New York – 7th floor, 1177 6th Ave, New York, NY 10036 | (212) 541-0771 | email
Reading for expats
- The Brussels Time – The Brussels Times is Belgium’s premier daily online newspaper in English. Its mission statement is to provide expats, foreigners and internationally oriented Belgians with Belgian news and opinion pieces in order to help them understand what is happening in the capital of Europe, on a local level. They also publish The Brussels Times Magazine, a bi-monthly magazine which focuses on two notable components of Brussels, namely its role as the political capital of Europe as well as an international centre for contemporary art | firstname.lastname@example.org
French and Dutch Schools
Artists (Belgian Artists in the US)
- Eloise Lake (singer) – aka Eloise Schaerlaken, Belgian talent raised in Raleigh, NC.
- Milow (singer) – in South California since 2012
- Robin Verheyen (saxophone player) – “Robin Verheyen NY Quartet”. Born in Turnhout, Robin is a NY resident since 2007.
- Sarah Bettens (singer from K’S CHOICE) – currently lives in Johnson City, Tennessee where she became a firefighter in 2012 for one year before reforming K’s Choice with her brother Gert.
- Francisca Vanherle Maxwell – Soprano and Voice Teacher, Francisca has settled in Atlanta
- Celine De Backer – singer and actress
Bakeries (most are French but close enough)
- Le Pain Quotidien – 1937 Callowhill St, Philadelphia, PA 19130 (Callowhill & N 20th St) | (215) 789-9870
- Le Pain Quotidien – 1425 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19102 (between Broad & S 15th St) | (215) 751-0570
- Le Pain Quotidien – 801 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19106 (Walnut & S 8th St) | (215) 989-4830
- A la mousse [with a novel Asian flare] – 145 N 11th St, Philadelphia, PA 19107 | (215) 238-9100
- Miel – 204 South 17th St, Philadelphia, PA 19103 | (215) 731-9191
- Le Petit Mitron [Patrick & Isabelle Rurange] – 207 Haverford Avenue, Narberth, PA 19072 | (484) 562-0500
- Artisan Boulanger Patissier – 1218 Mifflin St, Philadelphia, PA 19148 (East Passyunk Crossing) | (215) 271-4688
- Strawberry Bakery – 365 Lancaster Ave, Malvern, PA 19355 | (610) 644-8484
- Aux Petits Delices – 162 Lancaster Avenue, Wayne, PA 19087 | (610) 971-0300
- Belgian cities in pictures
- Belgium beyond expectations (promo clip)
- Belgium the movie by Wim Robberechts, entirely shot from a helicopter…
- Belgian newspapers
- Belgian radios
- Visit Belgium
- Pêle-Mêle – Conseils pratiques et extraits de presse intéressants pour les Belges aux Etats-Unis d’Amérique. Contact Didier Heiremans.
- Le Journal des Belges à l’étranger
- Union Francophone des Belges à l’étranger
- Vlamingen in de Wereld – Ms. Daisy Mertens | www.viw.be/nl/landenfiche/verenigde-staten | (610) 213-3888
- BelCham New York City – Ms. Bieke Claes | www.belcham.org
- Union Francophone des Belges à l’étranger (UFBE) – Ms. Edith Mayeux | http://newyork.ufbe.be
- Orde van den Prince, Manhattan Chapter – Ms. Loura Zijdel-Eelkema, Directeur
- Society of Friends of Belgium in America – Mr. François M. de Visscher | www.friendsofbelgium.org
- Vlamingen in de Wereld – New York City – Ms. Hilde Van Doren | www.viwny.com and www.viw.be/nl/landenfiche/verenigde-staten
- Washington Flanders Club (Marc Quintyn)
- Belgians in America (Hugo Du Bois) – only for Belgians living in the USA.
- Belgians in the USA / Belgen in de VS / Belges aux Etats-Unis
- Belgians in NY – for all Belgians living or who have lived in NYC.
- Belgian Waffle Exchange [BWX] – at Farmers Markets around Atlanta – check the website for details
- BelgianShop – shop online from Verviers!
- Chocosphere – fine chocolates from around the world since 1998, including the Belgians big brands like Côte d’Or, Callebaut, Nirvana, Cafe-Tasse, Cavalier, Galler and many more … Based in Tualatin, Oregon.
- Dutch Expat Shop, directly from Aarle-Rixtel, NL has a section dedicated to Belgian food!
- Vander Veen’s The Dutch Shop located in Wyoming offers Dutch only items … but it’s so close to home!
- Belgian Chocs – no doubt, if you are dying for some Belgian chocolats, biscuits, waffles or speculoos, this is your online stop.
- Chocolade van Brugge, a traditional Belgian chocolate shop located in the desert of Scottsdale, AZ. Proudly owned by Frederiek and Christine Verbeke.
- Divine Belgian Chocolates – Florida based.
- Gourmail – purveyor of fine imported and domestic chocolate;based in Worcester, MA.
- Little Belgians – this cookie company in Berkeley, CA, owned by Evy Ballegeer, is specialized in artisanal and organic speculoos.
- French Feast [close enough to Belgium] – based in Englewood, NJ. Also Côte d’Or, farines Francine, Gini, chewing gum Hollywood, les Gavottes Crepes Dentelles, mustard Pommery, Lu, truffles, Teisseire fruits syrups, Vahiné products, …
- The Old Dutch Store – Don’t be fooled, they have plenty of Belgian products as well like Belgian pearl sugar for your waffles!
TV & Entertainment
- VRT – Een, Canvas, KetNet, Studio Brussel, MNM, NWS & Sporza … just need a residence in Belgium.
- StievieTV – watch 10 Flemish channels on mobile devices (iOS/Android) or via AppleTV to watch on it your television. Quality is outstanding, you can record programs for offline viewing, and you can easily watch past programs (without need for recording). Members of VIW get a free 2-week trial and can use a coupon code (6 months for the price of 5).
- bvn.tv is available through FTA Satellite, for free viewing of a selection of Belgian (VRT) and Dutch programs.
- TV5Monde – via Dish Network. The French Bouquet offers a variety of French and African programming including news, entertainment, top drama serials, musical programs, movies, documentaries, children’s programs, cultural programs, game shows, travel, classic movies, music videos and much more.
- VoilaTV comme en France – A choice of French 19 TV channels (France 2, France 3…) as well as thematic channels (music, youth, information, lifestyle, and sports). New channels and VOD programs will be added periodically. You will receive a box similar to Apple TV.
- Streema – a free online radio tuner to discover, share, and listen to radio stations with your friends. Listen to more than 70,000 radio stations and watch more than 10,000 TV stations here at the Streema directory.
- Netflix – Watch Movies & TV Shows Online or Streaming right to your TV via Xbox, Wii, PlayStation & many other devices. They offer a “Foreign” section ….
- FrenchFlicks – The agenda for all French screenings in America.
Looking for a Belgian… [don’t forget to mention beATL when you contact any of them]